Rest, Relax, and Reconnect with your family in Cookeville, TN, the heart of The Highlands of Tennessee.
- 1,400-plus hotel rooms
- 100-plus restaurants
- Specialty, brand-name & antique shopping
- Excursion trains
- Special events
- Six golf courses with more than a dozen more within 30 minutes
- Three major Army Corps of Engineers lakes with 1,200-plus miles of shoreline within 30 minutes
- World-renowned Tennessee Tech University
Prepare to be charmed by our matchless mountains, rich historical heritage, art and cultural events, unique downtown shops, cosmopolitan cuisine and outdoor opportunities at many state and local parks and lakes.
- Within a day's drive of about 75 percent of the nation’s population, at the crossroads of I-40 and U.S. 111.
- Hub of 14-county Upper Cumberland region of about 317,000 citizens.
- Award-winning leisure services.
- Minutes from top-rated golf courses, lakes, rivers, hiking, championship fishing, hunting, and an amazing variety of sports (including Tennessee Tech Athletics) and other activities.
- Health care that is anchored by Cookeville Regional Medical Center, which is one of the nation's top performance improvement leader hospitals and one of only 100 hospitals in the U.S. to make the greatest progress in improving hospital-wide performance over five years.
- Reportedly more Automated External Defibrillators than any other community in the nation.
Small City, Big Sound
- One of the smallest cities in the U.S. with a full-blown symphony orchestra - Bryan Symphony Orchestra, a town-grown group based at Tennessee Tech University.
- Home to world-famous TTU Tuba Ensemble, a frequent Carnegie Hall performer.